The experienced Tampa Federal Criminal Defense Attorneys at The Law Offices of Daniel J. Fernandez, P.A. aggressively represent clients who have been arrested for Federal Charges in the Tampa Bay Area, including Hillsborough County, Pinellas County, Polk County, Manatee County, Sarasota County, Pasco County, Hernando County, and throughout the State of Florida and the United States.
What Are Some Common Federal Charges?
- Drug Trafficking
- Federal Sex Crimes
- Federal Gun Crimes
- Wire Fraud/Mail Fraud
- Identity Theft
- Healthcare Fraud
- Immigration Crimes
- Medicare Fraud
- Social Security Fraud
- Tax Fraud
Is It a State or Federal Case?
Many crimes are state crimes and prosecuted at the state level. However, some crimes involve state and federal violations and can be prosecuted at the federal level. Some crimes are federal crimes and are considered violations of federal law. The Federal Criminal defense attorneys at The Law Offices of Daniel J. Fernandez, P.A. have the state and federal experience necessary to deal with and resolve the allegations. Additionally, if you are being investigated for a Federal crime you may want an attorney with state and federal experience with you during questioning.
Experience Counts When It Comes to Handling a Federal Criminal Defense
If you have been charged with a federal crime, you may be facing a long prison sentence and significant fines. Not every attorney has the qualifications and experience to handle federal criminal cases. You need a qualified and experienced federal defense lawyer to defend you.
The penalties for federal crimes are often severe. It is crucial that you explore all the possible defenses and options available to avoid conviction or reduce your sentencing exposure.
What Are My Options for Federal Offenses?
If you have been arrested for a Federal offense, the attorneys at The Law Offices of Daniel J. Fernandez, P.A. may be able to help you find a solution that does not involve a lengthy prison sentence. Some options are:
- Motion to suppress – if evidence was obtained in an illegal manner the evidence may be suppressed and the case may be dismissed;
- Plea – Minimal prison time or probation or other plea deals may suit certain clients who wish to resolve the case without the risk of a trial that could conclude in a lengthy prison sentence; and
- Trial – Many clients are not guilty of the charges that are brought against them and may prevail at trial.
Our Experience With Federal Criminal Crimes
Federal Charges are complex and require an attorney with trial experience who is familiar with pre-trial motion practices. The Federal Criminal defense attorneys at The Law Offices of Daniel J. Fernandez, P.A. represent individuals charged with a wide variety of charges, including but not limited to:
- Drug Trafficking, Conspiracy to Traffic and use of a firearm during the commission of a drug trafficking offense, which carries an enhanced sentence;
- Federal Sex Crimes, which include manufacture, possession, and distribution of child pornography;
- Wire Fraud – Mail Fraud, which includes use of a communication device or the mail to commit fraud, usually on a United States government entity such as Medicare or social security;
- Federal Gun Crimes, which includes possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and carries a consecutive sentence;
- Kickbacks and Bribery, which include contractors and government contracts;
- RICO – Racketeering, which includes a continuing criminal enterprise;
- Medicare Fraud, Social Security Fraud, and Tax Fraud, which include lying to a United States government entity such as Medicare, social security or the IRS.
Who Do I Call?
If you have been arrested for a Federal Criminal offense in the Tampa Bay area contact an experienced Federal Criminal defense lawyer to discuss your case. The defense attorneys at The Law Offices of Daniel J. Fernandez, P.A. represent individuals charged with several different types of federal criminal offences.
The attorneys at The Law Offices of Daniel J. Fernandez, P.A. can help you understand all of your options. We can help you decide whether to file a motion to suppress evidence or a motion to dismiss based on illegal activity on the part of law enforcement. We can help you challenge the credibility of a confidential informant or the police.
The The Law Office of Daniel J. Fernandez, P.A. is designed to swiftly resolve any difficulties that you may face. Our attorneys continue to strive upon improving and bettering the situations of our clients. Contact us today so we can fight for you and protect your rights. Call (813) 229-5353.